Digital Volt-Ohm Meter (DVOM) for Transit
Self-Paced Online Learning Course.
Prerequisites: Personal Experience with Digital Volt-Ohm Meter Desired
Course Description: The Digital Volt-Ohm Meter (DVOM) for Transit self-paced distance learning course is designed to improve technicians’ understanding of basic DVOM functions. Students will be working with a virtual DVOM to learn its safe usage and best practices. Course includes both knowledge topics and knowledge activities. Reference Material will be provided as Resources.
Course Benefits: Students will be exposed to the most commonly used capabilities of the DVOM. Students will gain knowledge about the functions and usage of the DVOM using the virtual meter in a controlled environment.
Who Should Attend: TBD by Supervisor
What You Will Learn:
- Use the functions of the DVOM
- Properly hookup the DVOM for each function
- Interpret basic DVOM digital displays
- Perform voltage measurements
- Perform current measurements
- Perform resistance measurements
- Identify open circuits and high resistance
- Understand Min/Max, diode and other special functions
- DVOM Introduction
- DVOM Overview
- Meter Functions
- Circuit Diagnosis
- Other DVOM Functions
- Test Lights and Probes
Course Times: Self-paced and self-directed
Number of Hours/Days: 16 Hours over 4-week period
Continuing Education Units (CEU): 0