eCNG Transit Vehicle Safety SC-eCG-4100-DE-I
eCNG Transit Vehicle Safety
Prerequisites: None. Some familiarity with CNG coaches encouraged.
Course Description: This self-paced distance learning course is designed to familiarize technicians with safe practices while working with CNG fueled vehicles. Fuel, pressure systems, and repair safety practices and regulations are covered. Reference Material will be provided as Resources.
Course Benefits: Technicians will benefit from the material in this course by gaining a better understanding of the characteristics and safety aspects when working with Compressed Natural Gas (CNG) fuel systems along with basic CNG safety practices and facility concerns.
Who Should Attend: New technicians needing a basic understanding and familiarization of CNG Systems and fuel delivery systems.
What you will learn:
- Fuel characteristics regarding pressure and flammability
- Fueling procedures and requirements
- CNG Pressure system design
- Safety related pressure system components
- Proper depressurization techniques
- Leak detection techniques
- Basic cylinder care & damage identification
- CNG maintenance facility basic safety concerns
- Course Introduction
- Fuel Characteristics
- Facility Considerations
- Operational Theory
- Major Components
- Cylinder Care & Damage Prevention
- Depressurization Techniques
- System Component Servicing
- High-Pressure Fitting Servicing
Continuing Education Units (CEU): 0