CTTC Chairperson's Message
July 27, 2022
Dear CTTC Members, Colleagues and Partners:
CTTC’s accomplishments over the last year have furthered our mission to advance the skills of our transit workforce. I am honored to be your Chair and pleased to present this year’s annual summary report for FY 21/22 ending June 30, 2022.
Highlights from the year include:
- We hired our new Executive Director, Jennifer Carr, who started on June 15, 2022.
- We completed 15 courses, delivered over a six-month period, and trained over 300 participants.
- We welcomed First Transit as a new member.
- Our private industry partners continued to support our mission: BYD, Proterra, Complete Coach Works, Immersed Technologies, Clean Energy, and Hexalytics, Inc.
- We were awarded a CEC Workforce Development grant in partnership with the National Indian Justice Center and the Cal State Long Beach Center for International Trade & Transportation (CITT).
- While we didn’t hold our Annual Ditch Golf Classic due to the Covid pandemic, we were still able to raise sponsorship funds and award $14,500 in scholarships to 13 students.
- We exceeded all of our Los Angeles Bus Operation Subcommittee (LA BOS) training delivery goals and secured three additional years of LA BOS funding.
In 2022/23, we will hire a Training Programs Coordinator who will further develop CTTC’s trainings and resources. We will also implement a strategic planning process and launch a communications update to enhance course delivery and boost our marketing efforts.
Additionally, we are excited to announce that the Annual Ditch Golf Classic event is back!
To be held in conjunction with the annual CTA Fall Conference, this year’s event will be held on November 15, 2022 in the greater Ontario, California region. Please be on the lookout for more details including our scholarship and event sponsorship opportunities.
CTTC’s Board Committees are key to our work, and I encourage all our member organizations to become more involved. Please reach out to our new Executive Director, Jen Carr, at 310-694-3969 or email@example.com if you are interested in joining a committee.
Thank you to everyone involved in making our organization a success. We look forward to working with you in the upcoming year!
Board of Directors