Request for Proposal: Course Updates
Cummins Engine Control Troubleshooting and Diagnostics Level II
The California Transit Training Consortium (CTTC) has been a leading provider of technical training for the public transit industry since 2004. Our mission is to advance the skills of our transit workforce and prepare them for the future. In support of this effort, CTTC is seeking bidders to provide the services and specifications as outlined in the Scope of Work (SOW) below to update the curriculum for our Cummins Electronic Engine Controls Troubleshooting and Diagnostics Level II Course. The bidder will work with the Curriculum Update Working Group identified by the CTTC Education Services Committee to deliver the final approved product.
In order for CTTC to conduct the most efficient proposal evaluation, bidders are required to include the following information in their proposals as described below:
- Contact Information – A description of the bidder and detailed contact information.
- Price Schedule – A description of the bidder’s price schedule.
- Capabilities Statement – A detailed response to the service/specifications requested.
- Bidder’s References – A list of references with detailed contact information (3 minimum).
Submission of Proposals & Closing Time
This is the second deadline for this RFP which is open to the public for consideration.
Please submit proposals to:
Jennifer Carr, CTTC Executive Director
Proposals are due by:
Friday, August 18, 2023 @ 5:00pm PST
Select bidders will be invited for Zoom interviews.
Bid will be awarded no later than September 8, 2023
Questions pertaining to this proposal must be made no later than August 14, 2023 5:00PM PT via email to Jennifer Carr at firstname.lastname@example.org
CTTC will select the bidders whose offer will provide the most favorable mix of credentials and cost, thereby ensuring overall best value procurement.
The following evaluation criteria will be utilized to evaluate the proposals:
- Technical Capabilities
- Past Performance
- Cost Reasonableness
- Cost Competitiveness
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion:
CTTC values diversity, equity and inclusion in all its practices and encourages applicants from a broad range of backgrounds and experiences.
Required Services / Specifications
Detailed Scope of Work (SOW):
Project Objectives – CTTC requires updates to our curriculum for the following course:
- Cummins ISL-G Engine Control Troubleshooting and Diagnostics Level II
Deliverables – The following items will be delivered to CTTC in the final updated curriculum:
- Develop updates for an in-person Cummins Engine Level II course, with an emphasis on detailed advanced diagnostic and troubleshooting information for the latest Cummins L9N engine, that builds on CTTC’s online self-led Cummins ISL-G/L9N Engine Management System Level I and Cummins INSITE courses.
- Curriculum will be developed for instructor presentations, student guides, handouts/job aids/worksheets, outlines, and tests; test writing guidelines will be provided to awardee.
- Multimedia assets to include high quality photography, illustrations, animation, and videos.
- Create a robust student guide that can be handed out to students to keep after the course. This cannot be a printed version of the instructor Power Point presentation.
- Upgrade the current content from an introduction course to a more relevant and advanced troubleshooting and diagnostics course.
- Update the course description and syllabus to match the topics covered in the presentation.
- Add additional newer, more prevalent engine model options (L9N) which need to be covered in the course, as currently only one engine (8.9 ISL-G) is discussed in the training.
- Remove references to LNG from the course as most agencies are not using this anymore.
- Hi-resolution photography, illustrations, animations, and video appropriate to the learning objectives and content is expected and will be approved by the Curriculum Update Working Group during each phase of development.
- Post Assessment/Test questions shall limit the use of True/False, Technician A/B, All of the Above, None of the Above, and Both X and Y type questions. Majority of questions shall be Multiple Choice questions with one correct answer and three plausible distractors. All Knowledge Check and Post Assessment questions shall include Response Statements.
- Once the course is updated, identify the necessary prerequisite classes and determine if a pretest is needed. Develop the pretest if necessary.
Schedule/Milestones – This project will begin September 15, 2023 and end December 15, 2023.
The following milestones will be met:
- September 15, 2023: Bidder will meet with CTTC’s Curriculum Update Working Group to clarify any details in the SOW.
- September 29, 2023: Bidder will provide status updates to the Curriculum Update Working Group and meet with the group if needed to address any questions or issues.
- October 27, 2023: 1st draft product will be provided to Curriculum Update Working Group
- November 24, 2023: 2nd draft product will be provided to Curriculum Update Working Group
- December 15, 2023: Final updated curriculum will be delivered to CTTC.
Payment Information – CTTC will pay the awardee the agreed upon fee according to the following payment schedule: 34% to start, 33% at acceptance of 1st draft and 33% at conclusion.
Expected Outcomes – At the conclusion of this project, CTTC will be able to deliver the updated Cummins Engine Control Troubleshooting & Diagnostics Level II advanced course.
- The successful bidder will have a proven track record of excellence in creating curriculum for technical training programs and shall supply experience related to the subject matter.
- There is a preference for a bidder who has experience working with and has previously produced similar documents for public transit agencies.
- The successful bidder must have the ability to work independently, superb written and verbal communications, and the ability to incorporate feedback quickly.